Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Doodle-bops 3D!

Yep, today was the big day... our 3D/4D ultrasound - the last time we'll "see" the Doodle-bops before her official arrival!! Everyone (except B - don't get me started on that!) came - I picked up Middle Child and Little Man from school, First Born drove down from State, Mom and M picked up Gama - we had a room full!!



So, all along, B has been telling me that the Doodle-bops is going to have my nose. Yeah, whatever, I blew him off... well, they started off the u/s in 2D and then "framed" her face and switched to 3D - the first words out of my mother's mouth... "oh, she has YOUR nose!" I just about fell out of my seat! Thank God B wasn't in the room for that! (though I admit, I did go home and tell him what she said and I got that "and you doubted me?" look that he's famous for).


Little Man hoped and prayed for the discovery of a penis, but it was not to be - the Doodle-bops is, and shall remain, a little girl, much to his dismay! We got a fairly good shot (the clearest I've seen so far) of her little hoohah! (I won't post that picture as B doesn't want his daughter's private parts broadcast over the internet! LOL)

She kept her face smooshed up against the wall of M's uterus, so she was often distorted (reminded me of kids who smash their lips and noses up against the inside of a window to make faces at someone outside!), and she wanted to keep her arm/fist over her face, like she was trying to ward us off!!! She was very active with her tongue as well... stretching it out and then swallowing, time and again. It really looked like she was trying to suck her thumb as she would throw her arm up over her face and then arch her neck, open her mouth and extend her tongue as if trying to capture her thumb. Let's just say she's not terribly coordinated at this point!!


It's a little sad for me to think that this was the last time I'll get to "see" her before I get to SEE her, you know?? But, it was pretty neat to get a 3D view of her today... well worth what I paid :)


Totally different topic, but we finally ordered the carpet yesterday; in the end, we decided to go with wood in our bedroom, so just the boys' rooms will be carpeted. The carpet we chose only comes in a 12' width and because of the size of our bedroom (15'x16'), they had to order an extra 12'x16' piece to finish it, meaning we'd have oodles left over. It was going to cost $3k to do all 4 rooms and was just under $2k to do the 3; we calculated that it will cost between $800-1000 to do our bedroom in wood, so it really was a wash anyway, and B much prefers the wood, so... Hey, I figure he's got to install it... so it's no skin off my nose, so to speak. I left the decision completely up to him, but once we figured out the cost differential, it was already decided.

They told me that it will take anywhere from 5-14 days for them to get the carpet in, then they'll call me to schedule the installation. I'm going to go ahead and remove the items that are leaving - like the 2 computer desks and Little Man's bunk beds - just less to move/store when they bring the carpet in. Once we get the carpet down, I can move the boys and then I'll have a nursery to work on!! Woo hoo!!

I had B take a whole car load of stuff away today, and he's going to be cleaning out the storage units over the next few weeks as well. We went over there on Tuesday and looked through everything; I pointed out what was "trash" (nearly 1/2 of the larger unit) and he's going to haul it all away, then see if we can scale down to just 1 unit. I'm tired of paying nearly $150/month for storage when so much of it is just crap. Hopefully we'll be down to the 1 unit by the time the Doodle-bops gets here!!

2 comments:

JourneyofHope said...

Sounds like you had a great u/s. It won't be long until you are holding her in your arms! Reading your post has made me super excited for when we finally book ours! Great pics!

J and D waiting said...

Doodle bop is going to be beautiful!!